What is a Social Aggregator and what can it do for my Business?
By Gill| 3 April 2020
Sell to your customers where they are already gathering
A social aggregator – or social hub – gathers posts from social media networks and displays them on a page on your website, or on your live event wall. The idea behind them is that they drive engagement with your brand in a powerful new way. Using social media is no longer a ‘nice to have’ – it’s how business is being done – and a social aggregator is a way of being at the forefront of the social media wave. The aggregator is a smart and easy way for you to stay ahead of the game. It displays social media posts – both from your own accounts, and from any account or hashtag you choose to include – in one place.
69% of Australians currently use social media, but only 48% of medium sized businesses have a social media presence.
By bringing your customers and fans to your digital properties, rather than on social media sites where you can lose them to the next shiny thing they see, you encourage them to engage more with your content, and you create a far more brand-centred business than you would from using more traditional forms of social media marketing. And by becoming a strategic and skilled social media user, you are joining your customers where they are already gathering.
A social aggregator is also a great way to increase the credibility of your site and/or marketing campaign by displaying real-time posts from actual fans and customers. Nothing you say about your brand can come close to the power of positive words coming from your customers. A social aggregator makes creating and displaying social proof easier, and more effective than ever.
30% of Australians use social media to research products before they buy.
Eight great reasons to use a social aggregator on your site:
- Create engaging social experiences on your website, at events, and more.
- Your social aggregator becomes a click-through shopping experience that does not interrupt the user.
- Aggregate user-generated content (UGC) into your custom-branded social hub from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- User UGC means your customers are online selling your product for you.
- Link UGC with your product to create social commerce and drive purchases.
- Curate content and enhance your brand messaging with a level of trust built by customer recommendations and chatter.
- Engage with your customers, providing real time relationship building.
- You create a clear path for customers to convert.