A complex user experience project to design and develop a smart, functional application and website to re-energise a global research authority.
Establishing the project objectives
Delivering excellence – the outcomes
- Architected taxonomy structure that allows for in depth, granular categorisation of thousands of content pieces. Categorisation was then used throughout the site to segments and create data views pertinent to specific user groups, increasing understanding among users.
- Creating new paths of discovery to content in the site targeting different users and stakeholders as their user stories are vastly different.
- Powerful multi-faceted search tool greatly improved time to find appropriate resources
- Deep integration with client’s CRM – automatic synchronisation and management of authors and contributors as well as their user accounts.
- Created tool to allow client to plot their research and outcome documents based on geographic location; Google maps, provided alternative way to visualise data, users can see the work going on in their local area.
- Created an array of beautiful templates that met existing style guide requirements.
- Custom version tracking tool that allowed the client to notify interested parties when a content item was updated via email.
- Wrote custom plugin to route system notifications through MailChimp to record deliverability of emails.
- Constructed event system allows users to find events near them and buy tickets.
- Granular permissions for both administrative team and end users. Some content and tools are restricted to only partners or high level authors to the CRCWSC.
- Fully customised user dashboard provided a feed of updates and new resources that we’re pertinent to the individual’s interest and involvement with the CRCWSC.
- A subscription service was constructed to allow members to keep track of projects and areas that interested them.
That’s what she said
“We hit an important milestone today when I provided the CRCWSC Board with a demonstration of the new website. I think the round of applause, smiles and congratulations from all Board members confirms my own personal thoughts that we have created something pretty amazing. I wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely thank each of you for your efforts, contribution and going way beyond the call of duty. Your willingness to listen and persevere with creative solutions is really appreciated.”
Executive Director – Communication and Adoption, Cooperative Research Centre for Water Sensitive Cities