We worked with our tech-savvy client to build a website with maximum functionality.
Time for the flip
This is where things got interesting. Once we got to that point with the strategy document, we decided that, rather than go into user interface design, we’d head straight into development – using standard components, reflecting the wireframes, and concentrating on functionality first. Once this was done, we went back over the top and applied user interface design. This meant we used as much out-of-the box functionality as possible, and we didn’t have to create technology to match design unnecessarily – thus, we kept costs low for our client.
Our client gets their hands dirty
Our client was keen to get involved in the process, and they know technology well, so they were thrilled to be involved in testing out components and plugins to see what worked best for them. We usually train our clients in how to use their new site, but with this one, all we had to do was onboard them and let them get started.
Keeping stakeholders happy
With multiple stakeholders on this project, it was crucial for us to ensure everything passed all the checks and balances. Our user personas had to cover a wide range of stakeholders, meaning the site had to be functional across the board for many types of people. With a limited budget, we ensured we didn’t overcook anything, and that we resisted the urge to fine-tune things beyond what was needed. This led to us having a strong, ongoing relationship with our client.