We created a website on a budget that our client could control and grow into the future.
Key to the success of the site was always going to be the user experience, so we held a series of user experience workshops with our client, and iterated our plan around the results.
The secret is in the components
We wanted to give our client the ultimate flexibility when building pages, so we created something very component-driven. That way, rather than having pages of pure text, our client could grab the target audience’s attention by putting several components on a page – and we built the platform in such a way that they could take control of their own content.
User experience focus
Key to the success of the site was always going to be the user experience, so we held a series of user experience workshops with our client, and iterated our plan around the results, presenting the architecture, wireframes and blueprint strategies back to the client before designing the user interface so we could be sure they were happy. Seeing the type of content up front that would need to go on the site helped us to understand what our client was trying to achieve, and then we were able to break it up into components that were more manageable.
Once the build was finished, we completed quality assurance and our client completed their user experience testing. We advised our client to move the site to WP Engine because it’s a platform specifically designed for WordPress sites – this made their deployment much more seamless than other platforms, enabling us to be quick with the launch, and to have a dedicated staging server that we could continue with, making the process highly efficient.