Quality & Risk Management
Our service implementation and risk management strategies are based on our project workflow, policies and procedures, which have been setup and revised over the last 15 years.
Our team works directly with our clients team. We establish an initial point of contact (Account Manager) who ensures documentation and distribution of all discussion points and provides access to the right person within our team.
We engage early and often. We get to know staffing availability and skill set. We document technology, map it out and develop a strategy for utilisation of the technology and deployment of the deliverable.
We ensure a holistic approach to our work – strategy/communication, design and development work hand in hand; never one without the other.
We employ numerous elements to mitigate risk and effectively deliver quality outcomes within agreed timeframes for all of our projects. These include:
- Thorough understanding by all, client and Mettro team, of the brief.
- Input of each member of the team into the blueprint document in their various capacities: Account Management, Strategy, Design, Development and Quality Assurance.
- We assign Quality Assurers from our team who have not been involved in the project in order to maintain their immunity to being too involved and not being able to pick up on mistakes.
- We prototype using base technologies first to ensure we are happy that it will work prior to implementation. In fact, we often prototype prior to design in order to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Quality assurance is carried out at each stage of the process. We guide our client through our quality assurance procedures and provide them with custom documentation to help them carry out their own quality assurance.
- Utilisation of tried and tested authoring tools and environments is key to our success. We have a suite of tools we use and apply our strategy and planning methodology to decide on the right tool for the project. We are not adverse to new technology and, in fact, have a strong reputation for implementing unique and innovative solutions. We temper this, with an assessment based on the risk versus benefit of any new technology we consider.
- Implementation issues often occur in go-live situations where we do not have access to the live server. In cases like this (and as an example, myWorld Atlas and most of the Jacaranda products), one of our team travels to our client office and sits side-by-side with their internal team members to ensure implementation is successful and any problems dealt with immediately.